The Five Worst Contributors to Climate Change
By Charlie Kennedy
The things we do can effect our planet in many different ways. From our past activities we now have to pay the consequences. These consequences include more heat,
animals loosing their habitats, and much more. Today,
I'll go over a list of the worst contributors to global warming.
- 1. Emmisions via fossil fuels. For over 50 years, fossil fuels have been the power to so many things we use. Though this needs to stop.
These are also contributing to the greenhouse effect.
- 2. Transportation. More specifically, transportation powered by gasoline. Don't drive - walk, cycle or take public transport when possible.
- 3. Methane emmsions from animals and argiculture. The process can take place in the intestines of herbivorous animals, like cows.
- 4. Deforestation. Since trees take in CO2, the cutting down of them for paper/timber products, palm oil or fuel results in extra CO2 in the air.
- 5. Sea levels rising. Scientists predict that there will be a worldwide sea rise due to the melting of two massive ice-sheets in Antartica and Greenland.
Copyright © 2019 Carboo